- 7.5 kilometers is really not that far…unless you’re walking.
- Driving on the “wrong side of the road” is really not as weird as it seemed at first
- It becomes daylight around 5:00 a.m and doesn’t get dark until around 9:00 p.m. in December (I lkie that one).
- A “Rocket Salad” means it has arugula
- Travel books should tell you how to order coffee here. I’ve been looking for a “Tall White” for some time now. I didn’t realize it was going to come in the form of a cuppa coffee.
- Service people are obviously required to pierce their facial sensory organs. (Ears, noses, lips, tongues, eyebrows, etc.).
- The goverment must be financed on a cigarette tax. They are $18.00 per pack and everyone is smoking.
- The bus is a viable means of transportation even for the middle class.
- The Aussies are a friendly lot, a little rough around the edges, but certainly friendly.