Before I go any further, let me recap why I’m so happy to be where I am now at this moment. Over the past few days I have:
- Driven from Palm Springs to Los Angeles
- Flown from Los Angeles to Tokyo
- Flown from Tokyo to Singapore
- Flown from Singapore to Jakarta
- Flown from Jakarta to Yogyakarta
- Flown from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali
- Flown from Bali to Jakarta
- Flown from Jakarta to Bangka Island, Sumatra
- Experienced a total eclipse of the sun at sunrise after a 3:30am bus ride
- Sat on a Sumatran beach for six hours awaiting the clearing of traffic
- Flown from Bangka Island to Jakarta
- Flown from Jakarta to Denpasar
- Taken a private car from Denpasar to Ubud
Needless to say we arrived at our private villa near Ubud utterly exhausted and over stimulated. Alamanda is my new name for heaven. We have the whole place with four bedrooms, private pool, and a staff of six people for the four of us.This will be our own personal nirvana for the next six days. I have a full body massage scheduled for later this morning and a new Phillipa Gregory novel to savor by the pool afterwards. Very little sightseeing is planned.
For now I will just enjoy this lovely, magical place as I daydream about also finding Love like Julia Roberts did in Eat, Pray, Love in this exact spot.